[ncl-install] NCL and NCARG

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 6 09:28:29 MST 2014

Dear Zuohao,

You didn't say what version of NCL you were trying to install, but it's important that if you are installing NCL V6.1.2, that you have also installed the latest *32-bit* version of Cygwin/X.

Please read the detailed Cygwin instructions at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

My guess is that you need to install the gfortran/gcc compilers, which you will find in the Cygwin/X "setup.exe" program under the "Devel" category.  It might appear as "gcc4" and "gcc4-fortran", or just "gcc" and "gcc-fortran".  If you see both of them, be sure to do the ones with the "4" in the name as these are newer.

--Mary