[ncl-install] Installation of NCL 6.2.1 on OSX 10.9.5

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:57:55 MST 2014

Erika,

I think you are on the right path with setting DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH,
but I think DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is set incorrectly.

Are you really setting

export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/lib

Or is the "/path/to" being replaced with the actual paths on your system?

Try this: first make sure DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly, and
try not setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH at all.

Also, you might want to see if anything close to "libstcd++xxxx" resides in
/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8. You can verify this by typing on the UNIX
command line:

    find /path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8 -name 'libstdc++*' -print

Again, "/path/to" should be replaced with the correct path.  The above
should produce output like this:

/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8
​/​
lib/libstdc++.a
/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8/lib/libstdc++.dylib
/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8/lib/libstdc++.la

--Mary