[ncl-install] Installation of NCL 6.2.1 on OSX 10.9.5

Erika Roesler eroesler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:47:34 MST 2014

Hi,

I downloaded the precompiled binary of NCLv 6.2.1.   After reading the
installation directions, I also installed a newer version of gcc from home
brew.   I had an older version of gcc (v 4.2) that worked well with
Mavericks, but was not compatible with the new version of NCL.

I had many errors when trying to use NCL 6.2.1.   The first error was

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncl
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

I exporting the recommended variables:
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/homebrew/gcc-4.8

and

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/lib

The next error was
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.
dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncl
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

The last error was dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
___emutls_get_address
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

After reading some sourceforge forums, the last error could be the result
of conflicting versions of gcc.  I didn't remove the older versions (I need
them for other programs) before installing the newer version.

Have you seen these errors together before?   If I 'brew uninstall gcc48'
and tried again, do you know a work-around?

Thank you very much for your help.