[ncl-install] Problem installing NCL 6.2.1

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:46:14 MST 2014

Simon,

I don't think this is a problem with NCL V6.2.1, but probably with the way
your script is loading other scripts.

The error "fatal:Function identifier is defined" comes from having the same
function defined twice. However, the error is coming from gsn_code.ncl,
where *every* function and procedure has an "undef" in front of it, so you
shouldn't see this error.

There must be something else going on here. My guess is that you might be
mixing versions of NCL, and/or loading the same set of scripts multiple
times.

Make sure that your NCARG_ROOT environment variable is not pointing to some
older version of NCL, and make sure that your script is not loading other
scripts multiple times.

You can check NCARG_ROOT with:

env | grep NCARG_ROOT

--Mary