[ncl-install] NCL Build Error: wrapit77 cannot find -ll

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 1 15:28:37 MDT 2014

Hi Gordon,

The "l" library here is the "lex" library.  You might be able to replace
the "-ll" in the $NCARG/ni/src/mkwrap/Makefile file with "-lfl" and see if
that works. Or, you can try to install the "lex" library or see if it is
installed in a non-standard location on your system.

This particular program is only needed if you need to wrap Fortran 77 or
Fortran 90 code and call it from an NCL script.  It is not needed to run
"ncl" or to compile NCAR Graphics C or Fortran programs.

--Mary