[ncl-install] Failing to downloading ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 23 08:21:49 MDT 2014

I'm not sure how you are trying to download NCL, or where you got the information about using "java -jar", but really, you should just be able to use the ESG website to navigate your way to the binary you want, and click on the file to begin the download process:

1. Go to https://www.earthsystemgrid.org
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "NCL: NCAR Command Language"
3. Click on the desired version, e.g. "NCL Version 6.2.0"
4. Under "Child datasets" click on the desired type of NCL binary e.g. "NCL Version 6.2.0 precompiled binaries, OPeNDAP-enabled"
5. Click on "Download Options"
6. Click on the desired file to start downloading it.

--Mary