[ncl-install] z_ncl and png_ncl library Error while compiling WRF RIP4

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 4 09:18:33 MDT 2013

It sounds to me like you have an compile statement that's expecting an older version of NCL, back when we included the "z" and "png" libraries, but renamed them to "z_ncl" and "png_ncl". We no longer do this, because these two libraries are quite common to already have on your system.

Try editing your Makefile and change "png_ncl" to just "png" and "z_ncl" to just "z".

--Mary