[ncl-install] z_ncl and png_ncl library Error while compiling WRF RIP4

Bangarusamy K. bangarusamy.k at ncmrwf.gov.in
Tue Sep 3 22:51:50 MDT 2013

Hi Team,

I'm compiling WRF RIP4 on my AIX 5.3 machine. While compiling it's giving the below error.

ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l png_ncl
        ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l z_ncl
        ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
make: 1254-005 Ignored error code 255 from last command.

I request you please have look on this and let me know how to get the z_ncl and png_ncl
library files.. For your reference make.out file is attached on this mail. Please find
the attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bangaru | +91-9958555738