[ncl-install] [ncl-talk] Installation problem, -lncarg library not found

Samrat Rao samrat.rao at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 03:05:14 MDT 2013

Hi,

The issue has been resolved.

Yes I had a previous installation of NCL supplied by some contributor of
CentOS community --- and that was not working. But before I installed your
6.1.2 I had uninstalled the previous one.

Even in the absence of the contributed NCL, the other environment variables
were being remembered, although
cd ~
grep NCARG .*
revealed nothing of interest in any file in my home directory.

The problem went away after I rebooted the system (I generally hibernate my
desktop). Now other than NCARG_ROOT nothing else is being set.

ng4ex gsun01n -clean does work.

However
#] ncargex cpex08 -clean
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpixman-1
It seems that libpixman is obsoleted by cairo (so it won't get installed)
and cairo is present in my system. I hope this is not a big issue.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--

Samrat Rao