[ncl-install] Fwd: Maybe helpful - installing NCL on OpenSUSE 12.2

Geoffrey sabiiti geosabiiti at arts.mak.ac.ug
Tue Sep 25 07:36:41 MDT 2012

Hi NCL Installation support team,

I hope you are well.

I am have installed NCL on OpenSUSE 12.2 for use to undertake analysis of
my climate model outputs. Though the installation of NCL was successful and
gives me the plots;

I have already set my NCARG env in .bashrc.

geoffrey at linux-m84y:~> ng4ex gsun01n.ncl

NCAR Graphics NCL Example <gsun01n>

This example was set up to display the output to an
X11 window.

  Copying gsun01n.ncl

Running NCL...
 Copyright (C) 1995-2012 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.0-beta
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Finished running 'ncl < gsun01n'...

geoffrey at linux-m84y:~>

When I type ncl;
geoffrey at linux-m84y:~/archive/
workshopdata/ncl_scripts/Corrected_ncl_scripts_kenya_workshop> ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2012 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.0-beta
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0>

At this point when I try to run the ncl script, I end up with some error
message below;

ncl 0> will_plot_era_arc2_std.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 0 before or near .
will_plot_era_arc2_std.

fatal:error in statement
ncl 1>

Please consider to help think of a solution.

Best regards,

Geoffrey Sabiiti
Department of Geography, Geo-information & Climatic Sciences
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Makerere University