[ncl-install] A note about Ubuntu 12.04 installs

Chad Herman chad.scott.herman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 20:15:54 MDT 2012

A recent NCLer e-mailed me regarding my instructions to install NCL on
Ubuntu 11.10 (ncl-install Digest, Vol 57, Issue 7). The user installed
the latest Ubuntu 12.04, followed my instructions and received the
following error:

"ncl: error while loading shared libraries:
libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ncl failed."

The remedy for this error is to install libssl: sudo apt-get install
libssl-dev

I think this only applied if one installs the openDAP-enabled version of
NCL.

Chad