[ncl-install] Question in regards to NCL installation -Derek Mallia

Derek Mallia tartanrunner25 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 09:12:30 MST 2011

Hi,
My name is Derek Mallia and I'm a graduate student over at Plymouth University and I intend to use NCL for my masters research and for some recreational work as well. Last night i tried installing NCL to my 2010 macbook pro with some success, however there was a minor problem after the installation. When I did the initial test after the installation was completed, the graph example worked perfectly fine, and whenever I typed ncl into the command line the ncl program would open up in my working directory. However a issue occurred when I exited and reopened the terminal as I had to re type the NCARG root and the path where my ncl path resides to get NCL to run again. Granted ncl does seem to run fine when I do this, however its abit of a pain to have to retype everything all over again.
Some info on my comp and where my files are located:
using a 2010 macbook pro using the following OS:
ProductName:	Mac OS XProductVersion:	10.6.6BuildVersion:	10J567
The binary that I downloaded was: ncl_ncarg-5.2.0.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar
The unbundled file is located in the following directory:
/applications/ncl
I'm guessing the issue likely has to do with me setting the path, though i'm not sure. If there is anything you could suggest to help me ressolve the issue it would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm not exactly totally proficient with unix commands and whatnot, so I may be a bit slow with the terminology!
Thanks! =)

Derek Mallia