[ncl-install] problems with gsn_csm_contour_map

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 21 15:57:50 MDT 2009

Hi Claude,

This question is not really appropriate for the ncl-install group,
which is focused on ncl installation issues. You should submit it to
ncl-talk, where programming issues are discussed. That said, it
appears to me that either there is some missing data in your data
variable (var_to_plot), or else you are drawing something over the
plot that is white in that location.
You should try to eliminate possibilities by simplifying your plot in
various ways. Does the white spot still appear if you put
exit()
immediately after the gsn_csm_contour_map call?
If so you should look at your data.
  -dave