[ncl-install] build ncarg

Rick Grubin grubin at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 29 07:26:20 MST 2008

Hi Dimitra

> I installed all the devel libraries of X11 and the problem is
> almost solved.

Great!

> Only the following files are missing now:
>
> include/ncarg/zconf.h
> include/ncarg/zlib.h

When you configured NCAR Graphics, did you specify that you wanted to
build it with png/zlib support?  If not, the above
files are not needed.

> lib/ncarg/database/rgb.dir
> lib/ncarg/database/rgb.pag
> lib/ncarg/database/rgb.txt

In looking through the provided output from 'make Install' I don't
see any errors in there at all.  Do you have the output
from 'make Everything' ?  Apologies, I should have been more specific
in my earlier request.

> Do I really need these files for MM5?

I don't know what MM5 requires; you'd have to ask the MM5 folks.

----
Rick Grubin      NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies
grubin at ucar.edu             303.497.1832