[ncl-install] build ncarg

Dimitra Barkouta dbarkouta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 04:36:30 MST 2008

Dear Rick,

Thank you for your answer.

I installed all the devel libraries of X11 and the problem is almost solved.

Only the following files are missing now:

include/ncarg/zconf.h
include/ncarg/zlib.h
lib/ncarg/database/rgb.dir
lib/ncarg/database/rgb.pag
lib/ncarg/database/rgb.txt

Do I really need these files for MM5?
(Note: ZLIB is installed in the system)

These are the info you asked:

1. output from  'uname -a' :

Linux wind 2.6.18.8-0.9-default #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 22:48:05
UTC 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

(Xeon, Quad)

2. any environment variables you may set relating to compilers,
library locations and such

I did not use any additional variable

During the configuration I added the libraries:    /usr/lib64  /usr/lib
and add the "include" paths :  /usr/include   /usr/local/include

3. your NCAR Graphics configuration file, located in /path/to/NCARG/
src/config

I use the configuration file LINUX.64.PGI which I renamed to LINUX in order
to be used during the installation

4. output from the 'make Install' command
The output can be found in the attached file.

Thank you for your help,

Dimitra Barkouta