[ncl-install] about Install 4.4.2

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 10 05:59:26 MST 2007

Dear Yongjoo,

I think you are setting your f77 compiler incorrectly. You have:

export FC=/PGI

This should be set to the name of the compiler, and not a directory,
which is what "/PGI" seems to be.

Try something like:

export FC=pgf90

as I assume you have the Portland f90 compiler.

Also, I'm not sure why you changed config/ymkmf, but this file
generally should not be modified. What happens if you use the
unmodified "config/ymkmf"?

Also, you shouldn't change LINUX to LINUX.32.PGI in your config/ymake
file.  Rather, you should copy LINUX.32.PGI to LINUX, and then edit the
LINUX file.

Please go back to using unmodified versions of "ymkmf" and "ymake" and
let me know what the errors are, and we'll take it from there.

Also, what does "uname -a" report on your system?

Thanks,

[I'm taking vacation today, so I may not be able to get to this until
Tuesday].

--Mary