[ncarg-talk] [6.4.0 version] Bug : Categorical Snow always null

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 8 09:16:25 MST 2018

​Dear Sebastien,

In the future please post NCL questions / issues to ncl-talk at ucar.edu.  The
ncarg-talk at ucar.edu email list is for NCAR Graphics users, and is not an
active group.

​Without having access to the dataset, it is hard for us to debug this
problem. It would help, then, if you could provide more information about
the variable, like what kind of metadata it has.

Do you get any kind of error from ncl_filedump?

Could you run the short NCL script below, and send me the output from
running it, using both NCL V6.3.0 and V6.4.0, including any error messages:

a = addfile("20122017_15.grb","r")
csnow = a->CSNOW_GDS0_SFC
printVarSummary(csnow)
printMinMax(csnow,0)
print(num(ismissing(csnow)))

Finally, is there some place we can download this file, or a similar one,
from?

Thanks,

--Mary