[ncarg-talk] graphcaps for raster output

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Jun 11 13:24:50 MDT 2017

Dear Petra,

Sorry for the delay, I was in an NCL workshop last week.

Please do address ncarg-talk questions to a specific person ("Dear Mary")
because there are many people reading these email lists.

I see that you found the solution based on your offline email.

I do have to ask, however, why you are still using the NCGM format? This
format is an internal one that is no longer being maintained.  We recommend
that you send your output to a PS, PDF, or PNG image. The NCGM format does
not support some of the new features that we added several years ago, like
the ability to use transparent and named colors (without first having to
add the named color to the workstation colormap).

--Mary