[ncarg-talk] graphcaps for raster output

petra at imp1.boku.ac.at petra at imp1.boku.ac.at
Wed Jun 7 05:39:12 MDT 2017

Dear Mary,

man graphcap lists a number of output devices which are raster graphics
file formats. However, the actual content of the graphcaps dir (see below)
does not contain them. It seems that only printer and terminal formats and
postscript is available. Of course, I could use postscript and then
convert this to a raster format, but obviously this is cumbersome and in
case of processing a large number of plots also time-consuming. I would
therefore appreciate your feedback.

Best regards
Petra

ls /opt/ncl621/lib/ncarg/graphcaps/
adm5	ditroff  hp7510a     hpgl2pe	   pc.mono	  ps.mono  t4010
t4107.seg  tekalike	vt220  vt340w
aed.a	hp150	 hpgl	     hpgl2pe.dual  ps.color	  qms800   t4025
t4115      versaterm	vt240
aed.b	hp2648a  hpgl2	     imagen	   ps.land.color  r6211    t4105
t4115.seg  vt100	vt330
balsml	hp7475a  hpgl2.dual  imagen.port   ps.land.mono   s100	   t4107
tal1590    vt125	vt340