[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes - What are you doing?

Kelly Mahoney Kelly.Mahoney at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 17 12:55:00 MDT 2011

Hi all,

Per Toni's question (while not directed at me), I should also have
mentioned a new project that a few NARCCAP users at CIRES/NOAA are doing
involving atmospheric rivers too...

As part of this project (to being about a month or two), we will be
identifying extreme cool-season precip events in the inter-mountain
west, and evaluating the role of "atmospheric rivers" in those events.

The second half of the work may use the NARCCAP dataset to investigate
similar events in projected future climates.

Thanks,
Kelly Mahoney