[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes

Steve Vavrus sjvavrus at wisc.edu
Sun Aug 7 09:24:18 MDT 2011

Hi all,

    I've been getting a lot of mileage from simply comparing NARCCAP's simulation of extreme precipitation with weather station data in Wisconsin.   I know that there is a mismatch between point measurements and grid-box averages, but the RCMs do a surprisingly good job of resembling the airport data.   I'm fitting these heavy events to extreme value distributions to see how well the fit in simulations matches that in observations.

	Steve Vavrus
        Center for Climatic Research
	University of Wisconsin
	1225 W. Dayton St.