[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes - What are you doing?

Gutowski, William J [GE AT] gutowski at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 5 05:16:50 MDT 2011

Dear NARCCAP "Extremers":
It would also be good to get an overview list for our pod of what people are doing with extremes.  If you are simply interested in the topic, and just want to follow discussions, that's fine.  However, for those of you doing research with extremes, let's see what we all are doing.  So – what is your extremes-related research?
Here at Iowa State, we have been looking primarily at daily precipitation extremes and the causal processes in both observations and the NARCCAP (and other simulations).  We have also looked at monthly precipitation extremes in the NARCCAP simulations and, in other work, are looking at daily temperature extremes.

Bill Gutowski

William J. Gutowski, Jr.
3021 Agronomy Hall
Dept. of Geological and