[Narccap-topic-extremes] NARCCAP Extremes

Philippe Roy philippe.k.roy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:56:19 MDT 2011

Hello everyone,

on my side, I'm studying :

1) climate extreme indices characterizing the intensity, frequency and
duration of temperature and precipitation events. I did an assessment of
these climate indices to see how well the CRCM (version 3.7.1 and 4.1.1)
is able to reproduce the climate indices on a seasonal scale from
1961-1990 (see publication below).

2) In the next year, I'll look for the sensitivity of the simulated
climate indices to a set of configurations parameters to assess the
magnitude of the uncertainty related to these parameters. This will be
done with an ensemble of CRCM runs (version 4.2.3).

A recent publication related to point 1 is about to be published in the
next weeks. Here's the infos :

"Roy, P., P. Gachon and  R. Laprise. Assessment of summer extremes and
climate variability over the north-east of North America as simulated by
the Canadian Regional Climate Model. 2011. DOI: 10.1002/joc.2382"

Thanks,
Philippe Roy