[NARCCAP-discuss] Great Lakes’ temperatures and ice fraction

Biljana Music music.biljana at ouranos.ca
Mon May 6 06:38:42 MDT 2013

Hi,

I analyzed six pairs of present/future RCM climate runs performed for the NARCCAP project (CRCM-CGCM3; CRCM-CCSM; HRM3-GFDL; HRM3-HadCM3; WRFG-CGCM3;WRFG-CCSM) to assess the projected changes in the Great Lakes' Net Basin Supply (precipitation over lake plus runoff to the lakes minus evaporation from the lake surface). I would like to have more information regarding the Great Lakes’ temperatures and ice fraction calculation for both current and future climate runs. I found some information (http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/about/caveats.html) for the following runs: HRM3-CCSM, WRFG-CCSM and RegCM3-CGCM3. However, there is no description of the Great Lakes’ treatment in the HRM3-HADCM3, WRFG-CGCM3 and RegCM3-GFDL runs. Also, I would like to know why the land-sea mask is not provided for the RegCM3 runs.

I would be very grateful to anyone able to answer those requests.

Dr. Biljana Music
Research Scientist
Ouranos - Consortium on Regional Climatology and Adaptation to Climate Change
550 Sherbrooke West, West Tower, 19th floor
Montreal, QC, H3A 1B9, Canada
music.biljana at ouranos.ca
http://www.ouranos.ca