[NARCCAP-discuss] Common Grid for NARCCAP?

Ethan Bodnaruk ebodnaruk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:42:36 MDT 2013

Hi Seth,

Does your code regrid for the entire North America region or can it regrid
for just a specific location (which would be much faster I would think)?

Thanks!
Ethan

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Seth McGinnis <mcginnis at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi Darrin,
>
> I have been using kriging functions from the R library "fields" to regrid
> the
> data.  (Fancy interpolation methods like kriging preserve the spatial
> variability better than averaging-based methods like
> inverse-distance-weighting
> in mountainous and coastal regions.)
>
> You can find my code here:  http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/contrib/tools/R/
>
> (I've regridded a bunch of time-average data for temp and precip, and have
> plans to publish it as part of the NARCCAP archive, but it's not quite
> polished
> enough to make it available to the general public just yet.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Seth
>

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:42:56 -0600
>  Darrin Sharp <dsharp at coas.oregonstate.edu> wrote:
> >What's the easiest way to put all the NARCCAP results on a common grid
> (i.e.
> >with the same lat/lon points for all the models)? Is there a tool
> specifically
> >for this? Has somebody already done it?
> >
> >Trying to avoid writing this code myself - I know I'm not the first
> person to
> >need this.
> >
> >-Darrin

Ethan Bodnaruk
M.S. Nuclear Engineering
Ph.D. Student, Ecological Engineering
Author, *Beyond Religion: Science and Spirituality Aligned*
www.ethanbodnaruk.com