[NARCCAP-discuss] Common Grid for NARCCAP?

Seth McGinnis mcginnis at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 18 17:30:30 MDT 2013

Hi Darrin,

I have been using kriging functions from the R library "fields" to regrid the
data.  (Fancy interpolation methods like kriging preserve the spatial
variability better than averaging-based methods like inverse-distance-weighting
in mountainous and coastal regions.)

You can find my code here:  http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/contrib/tools/R/

(I've regridded a bunch of time-average data for temp and precip, and have
plans to publish it as part of the NARCCAP archive, but it's not quite polished
enough to make it available to the general public just yet.)

Cheers,

--Seth