[NARCCAP-discuss] High observed vs. modeled errors for precipitation

Sujan Pal sujanju2014 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 03:15:46 MDT 2013

Hi,

NARCCAP precipitation data is not at all perfect. I work with NARCCAP data
all over US and I found that it under or over estimates the precipitation (
mainly in case of extremes) in various regions of US. Some previous works
also has shown the same in different hydro-logical aspects. I am attaching
the paper which I think to be most related with this topic. I think you are
familiar with the link http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/contrib/papers.html
where you can easily find various works already done on NARCCAP.

Thanks,

Sujan
Civil and Environmental Engineering Department,
Jadavpur University, Calcutta.
Research Assistant
Northeastern University, Boston.