[NARCCAP-discuss] Snow Density and Download Error

Jonas Roberts jonaspmr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:26:55 MDT 2012

Hello,

Is there a snow density value corresponding to the snow depth
variable? Is there an average value we should assume or some way of
determining the density from other variables? I'm trying to determine
the snow water equivalent in the snow pack.

Also, when downloading snd data (individually) from the CRCM_ccsm data
set there were errors when downloading files like snd_​CRCM_​ccsm_
1991010103.​v1.​nc. However if I removed the .v1 from the URL then the
download started.

Thanks in advance,
Jonas Roberts
PhD Candidate
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
Memorial University of Newfoundland