[NARCCAP-discuss] Need help in getting RCM data in text format

Somsubhra chattopadhyay som.agrotech at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:18:28 MDT 2012

Hi

I tried to download the RCM3 data for my study watershed in North Carolina
following the instructions but found that the area essentially covers 3
grid points (3 sets of coordinates) . Could you guide me how to extract
data for that case because in the website they just demonstrate extracting
data for a pair of single grid coordinate.

On a different note when I downloaded a sample data file (RCM3 driven by
GFDL) of daily maximum temperature and tried to view/open the data using
ncdump tool as discussed in the website, the ncdump screen just opens and
instantly closes for me. It does not stay even permanently. The same
problem occurs with nc2text utility. Does the ncdump and nc2text work on
Windows 7 OS?

So I am just wondering what might be going wrong.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Best
Somsubhra

--