[NARCCAP-discuss] Question regarding Tasmax and Tasmin

Julie Winkler winkler at msu.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:43:43 MST 2012

Hello,

My apologies if this question has been answered before.  On the
NARCCAP server, we only find Tasmax and Tasmin for four of the RCMs
(when driven by NCEP).  The RCMs with tasmax and tasmin data are
CRCM, RCM3, WRFG and HRM3.  Will Tasmax and Tasmin be made available
for the other two RCMs (MM5i and ECP2)?  If not, would the highest
and lowest values of the 3-hourly temperatures be a suitable
substitute, in your opinion?  Obviously, we are evaluating the RCM
simulations of maximum and minimum temperature, and will need these
variables for several applications.

Thanks!

Julie

Julie A. Winkler, PhD
Professor
Department of Geography
238 Geography Building
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1117
Email: winkler at msu.edu
Telephone: 517-355-4649 (main office); 517-353-9186 (personal office)
FAX: 517-432-1671
web page: http://www.msu.edu/user/winkler