[NARCCAP-discuss] NARCCAP netcdf file viewer?

Guillaume Dueymes guillaume.dueymes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:19:35 MDT 2012

Dear Darrin,

I work with all NARCCAP data output...it's difficult to recommend a
specific netcdf viewer for all models because some grid projections (ie
rotated pole grid) are not supported .
I use IDV : http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/ for having a quick
display , it's easy to install and easy to use.
I use ncview too : http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~pierce/ncview_home_page.html
But if you are familiar with Matlab, I recommend to deal with Netcdf
toolbox in Matlab.

Cheers

Guillaume D.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Darrin Sharp
<dsharp at coas.oregonstate.edu>wrote:

> Anybody have a netcdf viewer/browser they'd like to recommend? I'd like to
> be able to view the geospatial representation of the data, as well as the
> raw data. I've been using Panoply, which works ok on most netcdf's.
> However, it doesn't like the NARCCARP format for some reason and offsets
> the domain significantly from where it should be (see the screen shot). I'm
> hoping there's another alternative that understands the NARCCAP format
> better.
>
> -Darrin
>
> ==============================**========
> Darrin Sharp
> Faculty Research Assistant
> Oregon Climate Change Research Inst. (OCCRI)
> dsharp at coas.oregonstate.edu
> 970-219-6713

Guillaume Dueymes M.Sc.
Agent de Recherche
Centre ESCER - Université du Québec à Montréal
Environnement Canada - Service Météorologique du Canada
Université du Québec à Montréal
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, local PK-2315
Montréal (Québec) Canada
Tel: (514) 987-3000 poste 1407*
*