[mpas-developers] proposed trunk commit

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:50:54 MDT 2012

Hi, Folks.

Here's another small change I'd like to make in the trunk, in
src/framework/mpas_framework.F (current on the left, proposed on the
right):

16c16
<    subroutine mpas_framework_init(dminfo, domain)
---
>    subroutine mpas_framework_init(dminfo, domain, mpi_comm)
21a22
>       integer, intent(in), optional :: mpi_comm
27c28
<       call mpas_dmpar_init(dminfo)
---
>       call mpas_dmpar_init(dminfo, mpi_comm)

Essentially, I'd like to be able to specify an optional MPI communicator
to be used by the dmpar module via the high-level mpas_framework_init()
call. The mpas_dmpar_init() routine already has an optional
communicator argument, so no changes are needed there.

This change should be (and is, in the case of the non-hydrostatic MPAS-A
in CAM) useful for MPAS cores running as components within other models.

Michael