[mpas-developers] take 2; requirements and design document for lateral boundaries

Todd Ringler ringler at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 25 13:21:04 MDT 2010

Based on conversations with Michael Duda and Bill Skamarock, I have
revised the document discussing support for lateral boundary
conditions in MPAS (see attachment). This is meant to provide
sufficient support for imposing lateral boundary conditions without
requiring too much retooling of the MPAS framework.

The document is largely unchanged. I was easy to add support for
boundary vertices, so that is now included.

I will be making a branch to begin implementation. Feel free to
comment on the document or weight-in on the implementation on the
branch code.

(sorry for the double posting, but some of the ocean developers are
not getting the mpas-developers at ucar.edu emails. once that is
resolved, the double posting should go away.)

Cheers,
Todd