[mpas-developers] mpas_query

Michael Duda duda at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:24:25 MDT 2010

Hi, Mark.

The value for storage_factor of 1 returned by mpas_query is a
result of an oversight on my part when coping the mpas_interface.F
code from the hydrostatic atmosphere model, which uses RK3. Please
feel free to change this to 2 for the ocean model; indeed, the
purpose of the mpas_query() routine is to allow the infrastructure
code to query information about the specifics of the dynamical
core, such as how much additional storage is required by the time
integration scheme. Essentially, returning 2 for the
STORAGE_FACTOR key in mpas_query() should do the job. I apologize
for the confusion -- I hadn't really given much explanation to
anyone at LANL after re-arranging the trunk code structure. If you
have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Michael