[mpas-developers] mpas_query

Mark Petersen mpetersen at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 15 16:35:58 MDT 2010

Michael,

I am getting the ocean core up and running in the new directory structure.
In the old code, module_grid_types.F had:

    integer, parameter :: storageFactor = 2    ! Additional storage used by
time integration scheme
       type (grid_state), dimension(storageFactor) :: intermediate_step

In the new code, module_grid_types.F has:

       key = 'STORAGE_FACTOR'
       call mpas_query(key, b % storageFactor)
       allocate(b % intermediate_step(b % storageFactor))

and b % storageFactor is incorrectly returned as 1, so intermediate_step
incorrectly has extents 1 instead of 2.

Do I need to set the variable storage_factor somewhere?  The subroutine
mpas_query seems to force storageFactor to be 1:

subroutine mpas_query(key, ivalue)

    implicit none

    character (len=256), intent(in) :: key
    integer, intent(out) :: ivalue

    if (index(key,'STORAGE_FACTOR') /= 0) then
       ivalue = 1
    end if

end subroutine mpas_query

Thanks,