[mpas-developers] Mpas Bug Fix

Doug Jacobsen dwj07 at fsu.edu
Mon Jul 19 13:18:22 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Todd forwarded me a bug fix from some people at LLNL and asked me to take a
look at it. So far I have gotten through one of the files and I think it is
actually a bug (at least if I understand the point of the variables
correctly).

The file the is modified is src/framework/module_block_decomp.F
Basically, this is a bug if local_cell_list is supposed to be a list of the
cells the a specific processor owns. Where in the current implementation on
a single processor it ends up being an array filled with one processors id
number. Anyways here is the diff.

112,115c112
<
<          do i=1,size(local_cell_list)
<             local_cell_list(i) =  i
<          end do
---
>          local_cell_list(:) = dminfo % my_proc_id

Let me know if anyone has any concerns, and if you agree it is indeed a bug
I can commit a fix.

Doug