[GTP] International Conference Turbulence and Interaction 2012

Silvia Gentile sgentile at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 11 10:09:37 MST 2012

Invitation to present a paper at TI2012

Apologizes for cross mailings
Thien Hiep LE <thien_hiep.le at onera.fr>
--
thle at onera.fr

Dear colleagues,

Due to technical problems, the first abstract deadline extension
announcement for the TI2012 conference has not been sent correctly.

We have also received several requests regarding a new extension of the
abstract deadline.

As a consequence, the abstract submission deadline has been further
extended to January 31, 2012.

We are looking forward to seeing you in La Saline-les-Bains, next June
and wish you a happy new year and all the best for 2012.

Please accept our apologizes if you receive this email more than once.

S. VINCENT, on behalf of the organization committee.

Following the two first issues TI2006 and TI2009, the third
international conference devoted to Turbulence and Interactions,
co-organized by ONERA, EPFL and I2M, will be held on June 11-15, 2012 on
the Réunion Island, La Saline-les-Bains.

Full information about the conference and practical information can be
found on the conference website:http://ti2012.onera.fr/

We invite you to contribute to this event. Abstracts (2 pages) should be
submitted through the website before January 31, 2012.

The first and the second conferences on "Turbulence and Interactions“
TI2006 and TI2009 were unique events as they allowed to gather together
many firms, institutions and universities concerned with turbulence
research in a single spot. As the title “Turbulence and Interactions”
anticipated, the workshop was not run on the basis of parallel sessions
but instead in serial sessions where people had strong interactions and
sharings. The TI2012 Conference participates to the same philosophy,
with emphasis in providing strong evidence that the triptych of science,
namely theory, experiments and computing, through their interplay come
to achieving progress in understanding and predicting the physics of
complex flows and engineering problems. Contributions will give some
deep insight into the very different interaction phenomena with turbulence.
Final papers will be published in a special issue of Notes on Numerical
Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary
Design<http://www.springerlink.com/content/1612-2909/>, edited by Springer.

Subjects of interest include:
- Fundamental Turbulence, Instability and transition, Multiscale
Interactions, wall turbulence
- Advanced modeling and simulation methods for turbulent flows
- High-speed aerodynamics, aeroacoustics and flow control
- Environmental, geophysical and compressible turbulence
- Multiphase and reacting Flows, heat transfer, Plasma and MHD turbulence
- Complex flows (aeronautics, automotive, biological and medical flows)

--
Silvia Gentile
NCAR IMAGe