[GTP] JOINT SEMINAR,MMM/GTP/ACD--Jordi Vila

Silvia Gentile sgentile at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:13:29 MDT 2009

http://www.essl.ucar.edu/events/upload/abstract100608.pdf

Poor Man’s Inversion Modeling of Isoprene Emission: Uncertainty Related
to Boundary Layer Development
Jordi Vila
Meteorology and Air Quality Section
Wageningen University
The Netherlands

We present the dependence of the inferred isoprene surface emission flux
from atmospheric concentration on the diurnal variability of the
convective boundary layer (CBL). A series of systematic numerical
experiments carried out using the mixed-layer technique enabled us to
study the sensitivity of isoprene fluxes to the entrainment process, the
partition of surface fluxes, the horizontal advection of warm/cold air
masses and subsidence. Our findings demonstrate the key role played by
the evolution of boundary layer height in modulating the retrieved
isoprene flux.

Thursday, 9 July 2009, 3:30 PM
Refreshments 3:15 PM
NCAR-Foothills Laboratory