[Grad-postdoc-assn] Opportunity to co-lead and or teach in workshop for students from Haskell Indian Nations University

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 15 14:24:34 MDT 2018

Hi all,

We have an opportunity for one two postdocs to co-lead a workshop for
undergraduate students from Haskell Indian Nations University.
http://www.haskell.edu/

Fifteen students and three faculty from Haskell and the University of
Kansas will be at NCAR from July 9-12, 2018. We will teach in-classroom
seminars and do field work together to explore the topic of the Boulder
Flood of 2013, so topics will include hydrology, rainfall, extreme events,
ecosystem and human impacts.

Valerie Sloan from E&O will lead the workshop. She is looking for one or
two people to help lead the sessions and fieldwork (we will recruit
additional speakers as well - in case you are interested).

It's a great way to get some teaching experience (for those of you looking
for faculty positions) and a unique opportunity to work with students from
a Tribal College.

This is an ongoing NCAR-Haskell partnership and we have hosted students for
many years. The workshops are fun and inspiring, and a great learning
experience for everyone involved!

If you are interested or want to know more, please contact Val Sloan at
vlsoan at ucar.edu

Thanks!
Rebecca

Rebecca Haacker