[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Tenure-track Assistant Professor Position in Meteorology/Climatology at Virginia Tech

Rosimar Rios-Berrios rberrios at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:50:46 MST 2018

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Stephanie Zick* <stephanie.zick at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2018
Subject: Tenure-track Assistant Professor Position in
Meteorology/Climatology at Virginia Tech
To: MAP at listserv.albany.edu

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Geography (https://geography.vt.edu) at Virginia Tech (
https://vt.edu) is seeking applicants for a faculty position in
meteorology/climatology at the level of Assistant Professor. This is a
full-time, tenure-track position available August 2019.

We seek a geographically trained meteorologist or climatologist who has
demonstrated excellent teaching, is able to teach courses in dynamic and
either physical or synoptic meteorology, and who will develop additional
courses in support of our BS degree program in Meteorology. Supervision of
graduate students in our geography MS degree program and in our College of
Natural Resources and Environment’s (https://cnre.vt.edu) interdisciplinary
Geospatial and Environmental Analysis PhD program is also expected.

An ability to develop a strong, externally funded research program and
publication record is essential for success at Virginia Tech. Applicants
must provide evidence of the skills necessary to secure external funding
and evidence of a research track focused on atmospheric science with a
strong foundation in data analytics. The specific research specialty is
open, but preference will be given to candidates who can strengthen
research collaborations at Virginia Tech through research involving
data-driven modeling and/or analysis of large/complex data sets.

In the spirit of Virginia Tech’s strong commitment to the principles of
diversity and inclusion, the Department of Geography seeks a broad spectrum
of candidates, including women, minorities, veterans, and people with
disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring adjustments in the
application process should notify the search committee chair by the
application deadline. To evaluate the requirements and apply, candidates
should review posting *TR0180193* in its entirety at
https://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/search.

Review of applications will begin on January 18, 2019. For full
consideration, applicants MUST apply on-line.

Applications should include the following information: (1) curriculum
vitae, (2) a cover letter expressing a statement of interest in the
position, (3) separate statements of research and teaching interests in a
single statement document, and (4) the names, titles, and complete contact
information for three references. An official transcript for highest degree
earned is required prior to the start of employment for the selected
candidate.

Inquiries can be made to Dr. Drew Ellis, Search Committee Chair;
e-mail: *awellis at vt.edu
<awellis at vt.edu>.*

*Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.*