[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Teaching workshop for post docs

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:08:52 MDT 2017

Hi all,

Please see this great teaching workshop opportunity at CU.

Cheers,
Rebecca

Rebecca Haacker
Director

NCAR Education & Outreach

Advanced Study Program
www.asp.ucar.edu

UCAR SOARS Center for Higher Education
www.soars.ucar.edu

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Jean Hertzberg <jean.hertzberg at Colorado.EDU>
*Date:* June 19, 2017 at 8:37:41 PM MDT
*To:* "rhaacker at ucar.edu" <rhaacker at ucar.edu>
*Subject:* *Teaching workshop for post docs*

Dear Director Haacker

I’m writing to announce a workshop coming up at CU Boulder in July that may
be of interest to post docs and scientists at NCAR/UCAR, particularly those
interested in a future path in academia. The Evidence-Based Introduction to
Teaching (EBIT) is a one-week student-centered learning experience where
post-docs and new faculty develop curricula for STEM college classrooms
using evidence-based teaching methods. Participants apply research
principles of design, build, test and iterate to specific course curriculum
development. Relevant literature on evidence-based teaching techniques will
be highlighted.

The workshop will be July 24-28 this year, from 12:30 to 4:30 pm each day.
The workshop is free (sponsored by NSF and the CU Graduate School), but
registration is required. For more information, please visit
http://www.cirtlcu.org/stripe/what-is-ebit-stripe/ .

I’d be grateful if you would pass this information on to anyone you think
would be interested. A flyer is attached.

If you have questions please contact me or Adam Blanford
<Adam%20Blanford%20%3cadam.blanford at Colorado.EDU%3e> .

Sincerely

Jean Hertzberg

Associate Professor

Academic Leader for CIRTL at CU Boulder