[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Postdocs] Reminder: Thompson Lecture Series (Dr. Richard Seager)

Colin Zarzycki zarzycki at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 5 08:07:59 MDT 2016

Hi postdocs,

In addition to Andy's bulletin, a quick reminder that we have:

-Only a handful of people signed up for tonight's dinner out in Boulder
(there will be an additional e-mail on that later)
-3 slots still open for individual meetings with Dr. Seager (at FL) this
afternoon.
2:00-2:30 pm
4:00-4:30 pm
4:30-5:00 pm

If you would like to sign up for any, please utilize the TLS Wiki. If you
do not have access to the Wiki, please contact myself or Andy.

Please take advantage of this unique opportunity to interact one-on-one
with an AMS fellow. Additionally, don't be hesitant to meet with the
speaker even if your research interests are not aligned -- the Thompson
Lecture Series is built upon postdoc career development. For example,
myself and Dr. Seager have already had many interesting talks regarding
funding, searching for academic jobs, publishing in journals such as PNAS,
Nature, and Science, and more.

Cheers,

-Colin

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Andreas Prein <prein at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Good morning Postdocs!
>
> This is the second day of the Thompson Lecture Series with Dr. Richard
> Seager. Today we will meet at the *Foothills Lab* for Dr. Seagers second
> seminar about: "Global Decadal Hydroclimate Variability in Observations and
> Models" at *11:00* *am* in the FL2 main auditorium. Afterwards we will
> have lunch with the speaker in the cafeteria.
>
> *Tonight at 6:00* we will have *dinner with the speaker*. The restaurant
> will be announced during the day.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>

> On 04/04/2016 05:36 AM, Andreas Prein wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Just a brief reminder of today’s Thompson Lecture Series program with Dr.
> Seager:
>
>    - Breakfast and science+career discussion - 9:00 - 10:30 am, ML -
>    Damon room
>    - Science seminar - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm, ML Main Seminar room
>    - Lunch with postdocs - 12:00-1:30 pm, ML Cafeteria
>    - Potluck dinner (families welcome!) - 5:30 pm, ML Damon room
>
> See you in a few hours!
>
> Andy
>

> On 04/03/2016 03:32 PM, Andy Prein wrote:
>
> Dear Postdocs,
>
> This is a reminder for the upcoming Thompson Lecture Series with Dr.
> Richard Seager which will start tomorrow at 9:00 with breakfast in the ML -
> Damon room.
>
> Please *sign up for the individual meetings
> <https://wiki.ucar.edu/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=aspthompson08&title=Schedule+of+events%2C+Dr.+Richard+Seager>*
> with Dr. Seager! Only 10 people signed up so far. Individual meetings are a
> great way to talk with an established scientist about your work, carrier
> plans, work live balance, or job applications. Don't miss this great
> opportunity!
>
> Please also sign up for:
>
>    - the potluck dinner tomorrow afternoon (*sign up here
>    <https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Potluck+dinner+with+Dr.+Richard+Seager+signup>*
>    )
>    - and for the dinner on Tuesday (*sign up here
>    <https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Dr.+Richard+Seager+Informal+dinner+out+signup>*
>    )
>
> I am looking forward to see you tomorrow!
>
> Andy
>

> Am 01.04.2016 um 09:26 schrieb Andreas Prein:
>
> Dear NCAR Postdocs,
> Next week, we will have three-day activities with Dr. Richard Seager,
> starting with the Monday Breakfast at *9:00 AM in **the Damon room at
> Mesa Lab*. For who want to attend the breakfast discussion, please show
> up on time.
>
> *There are still many open meeting slots available (sign up here
> <https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Schedule+of+events%2C+Dr.+Richard+Seager>)*,
> please take this opportunity to learn something interested to you from this
> experienced faculty.  Also, please sign up and bring side dishes and sweets
> [...]

Colin M. Zarzycki, ASP postdoctoral fellow
Atmospheric Modeling and Predictability
http://www.colinzarzycki.com