[Grad-postdoc-assn] Summer softball?

Colin Zarzycki zarzycki at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 17 15:57:48 MDT 2015

Hi postdocs (and other early career folk who have moved up the ladder),

There was some chatter last fall/winter about starting a softball team to
play in the Boulder rec leagues this summer. So we're out to gauge interest
to whether we can field a team (apparently there was an NCAR-centric one
many moons ago). Diane/I think we've tracked down a handful people who said
they'd play, but it's worth casting a wide net.

The leagues would be co-rec and the level of play would be *extremely*
recreational. Really, there is no barrier to entry. Some people in the
league have played before, others have never picked up a bat. Adult
beverages (no glass) are allowed in the dugout. 10 on the field at a time,
but everyone hits.

The cost per team is $785 which would be roughly $65/person for 12 people
(estimate assuming 12 people, obviously). 12 games. Games would start
between 6 PM and 9 PM one night per week (we'd either play Wednesday or
Thursday) at either Stazio or East Mapleton Fields in Boulder (both on the
east side of town south of Valmont).

The season would start the week of: May 4th, but we would need to register
in the next few weeks.

Also, significant others/non-NCAR friends/etc. would, of course, be welcome.

If you are interested, reply and let me know so we can see whether this is
feasible or not!

-Colin

--
Colin M. Zarzycki, ASP postdoctoral fellow
Atmospheric Modeling and Predictability