[Grad-postdoc-assn] Volunteers needed for April 23rd Girl Scout Event at NCAR

Marielle Saunois saunois at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 4 13:54:39 MST 2011

Volunteers Needed for April 23rd Girl Scouts Event at NCAR

This year, Alex and I, ASP post-docs, are the new coordinators of the
2011 event. We'd like to advertise this event to ASP fellows in
particular but also to all fellows (not only ASP).

We are looking for volunteers to be a part of the next Girl Scouts at
NCAR event, which will take place at the Mesa Lab on Saturday,
April, 23rd, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The theme of the event
is "Climate and Weather, The Two Go Together". It is designed to
introduce young women to the atmospheric sciences and to help them
develop a positive attitude toward science through hands-on
activities and interaction with some of NCAR's staff and scientists.

Volunteers are a crucial part of this event, and play an active role
leading demonstrations, assisting with activities, and talking with
the girls about how they became interested in science and math and
why they enjoy working at NCAR.

Please consider participating in all or part of the event! Please let us
know if you can help and spread the word, we can always
use more help.  Also, if you have any questions at all please send them
  to either Alex or I, we'd be glad to answer them.

Thank you,

Alex and Marielle
Event coordinators
Alexandra Jahn at ext. 1325, ajahn at ucar.edu