[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Postdocs] Early Career Scientists Panel, RSVP Please

Russ Schumacher rschumac at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 2 14:40:14 MST 2009

All,

I've been tabbed as the moderator for the panel discussion, and I have a
quick request for all of you.  If you have any ideas for particular
questions or topics of discussion that you want to make sure get
covered, please send them along to me within the next day or so, and I
will pass them along to the panelists so they can think about their
answers in advance.  Of course, spontaneous questions during the event
will also be welcome and encouraged!

Thanks!
Russ

Paula Fisher wrote:

> *ASP Social:  Early Career Scientists Panel, Wednesday March 4^th @
> 1:30 pm, CG1-3131 *
>
> During the last retreat, we heard that while the Thompson Lecture Series speakers have been very helpful
>  with regard to career development topics, many of you would like to hear from people who are in the
> earlier stages of their careers. In response, our next ASP Social will convene a panel of early career
> scientists/professors to discuss topics of interest to you regarding career development. The panel includes:
> Peter Lauritzen, CGD NCAR
> Marika Holland, CGD NCAR
> Rebecca Morss, MMM/ISSE NCAR
> Katja Friedrich, CU Boulder
> Eric Maloney, CSU Ft. Collins
> Short bios and/or CVs of the panelists may be found here:  http://www.asp.ucar.edu/ecsp/social-bios.php
>
> Please start thinking about questions that you'd like the panel to discuss.  A couple of articles
> that might get you thinking are the one attached and one that Maura pointed out in January that may be found here:
> http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2008/09/22/lewandowski
> Refreshments will be served.  All postdocs and graduate students at NCAR are invited and encouraged to
> participate.  Please RSVP to Paula (paulad at ucar.edu) if you plan to attend
> (ASP postdocs should reply either way).

Russ S. Schumacher, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Advanced Study Program
e-mail: rschumac at ucar.edu
phone: 303.497.2846