[Grad-postdoc-assn] Early Career Scientists Panel, RSVP Please

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 2 14:15:17 MST 2009

*ASP Social:  Early Career Scientists Panel, Wednesday March 4^th  @
1:30 pm, CG1-3131 *

During the last retreat, we heard that while the Thompson Lecture Series speakers have been very helpful
 with regard to career development topics, many of you would like to hear from people who are in the
earlier stages of their careers. In response, our next ASP Social will convene a panel of early career
scientists/professors to discuss topics of interest to you regarding career development. The panel includes:

Peter Lauritzen, CGD NCAR

Marika Holland, CGD NCAR

Rebecca Morss, MMM/ISSE NCAR

Katja Friedrich, CU Boulder

Eric Maloney, CSU Ft. Collins

Short bios and/or CVs of the panelists may be found here:  http://www.asp.ucar.edu/ecsp/social-bios.php

Please start thinking about questions that you'd like the panel to discuss.  A couple of articles
that might get you thinking are the one attached and one that Maura pointed out in January that may be found here:
http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2008/09/22/lewandowski

Refreshments will be served.  All postdocs and graduate students at NCAR are invited and encouraged to
participate.  Please RSVP to Paula (paulad at ucar.edu) if you plan to attend
(ASP postdocs should reply either way).