[Grad-postdoc-assn] Elk bugling hike in the Rocky Mountain National Park

Isabelle Ruin isar at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:44:34 MDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

The social committee would like to propose a small hike to watch and
listen to Elk bugling in the Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes
Park. The best time for that is the last week of September. To have a
better chance to see what we want and to better understand what we
see, we can ask to be guided by a RMNP Ranger. The Ranger program for
Elk bugling propose to go for a one to 2 hours walk starting at
5:30pm. The group is limited to a number of 20 participants (not
younger than 10 years old). They can either propose this on weekdays
or on week-end. They ask for a donation of 90$/h so before booking
anything I would like to know how many people would be interested to
participate. Of course the price each of us would have to pay depends
on the number of people that will attend.

Please send me back your answers to the following questions by email
as soon as you can.

- Are you willing to participate?

- What dates would be possible for you from Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th?

- How many people would come (family and friends are welcome)?

- Would you be willing to drive to Estes Park? If yes, is there room
for taking other folks in your car?

- Do you have a pass to enter the Rocky Mountain National Park?

- What maximum price (/pers) are you willing to pay to get a guided
tour with a ranger?

If some of you wants to see what elk bugling is, clic on the
following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knev7wPWC2Q

Please answer at least to the 1st question even if you're not
interested.
Thanks

For the social committee

Isabelle Ruin, Ph.D.
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
Advanced Study Program
Institute for the Study of Society and Environment (ISSE)
P.O. Box 3000
80307-3000 Boulder, CO
(+1) 303 497 8130 (office)
(+1) 303 564 8246 (cell phone)