[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Fwd: Judges for Science Fair Needed]

Andrea Sealy asealy at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 3 20:42:00 MST 2008

FYI...please contact Nancy Glissmann at tazmummy at gmail.com if interested.

Andrea

Subject: Judges for Science Fair Needed
From:    "Nancy Glissmann" <tazmummy at gmail.com>
Date:    Thu, January 3, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

It is time again for the Peak to Peak Secondary Science Fair, which will be
held this year on Wednesday, January 23 and Thursday, January 24, 2008
starting at 7:45 a.m. with the last interview being held at 2:30 p.m. on
both days.  Our fair is the largest secondary fair in the Boulder Valley
School District (BVSD) with over 200 projects.  Additionally, participants
in our fair have gone on to win awards and scholarships at the BVSD regional
fair, the Colorado State Science and Engineering Fair, and the International
Science and Engineering fair.  The science fair provides extraordinary
opportunities for students that would not be available to them otherwise.
It is our sincere hope that you will be able to volunteer your time (for a
minimum of an hour) as a judge at our fair again this year.  We would
appreciate as much time as you as can give us on either Wednesday or
Thursday or both days.  Last year your contribution made a tremendous
difference in the success of our science fair.  Refreshments and lunch will
be provided both days.

The information I will need from you is:

   1. a phone number where I can reach you and a mailing address,
   2. an email address,
   3. what times and day(s) you will be able to judge, and
   4. category or categories that you wish to judge in.

The list of  categories are as follows:

   - Animal Sciences (AS)
   - Behavioral and Social Sciences (BE)
   - Biochemistry ((BI)
   - Cellular and Molecular Biology (CB)
   - Chemistry (CH)
   - Computer Science (CS)
   - Earth and Planetary Science (EA)
   - Engineering:  Electrical and Mechanical (EE)
   - Engineering:  Materials and Bioengineering (EN)
   - Energy and Transportation (ET)
   - Environmental Management (EM)
   - Environmental Sciences (EV)
   - Mathematical Sciences ((MA)
   - Medicine and Health Sciences (ME)
   - Microbiology (MI)
   - Physics and Astronomy (PH)
   - Plant Sciences (PS)

These categories are guidelines that were developed by the International
Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).  A complete description of these
categories may be found at:
http://www.sciserv.org/isef/students/research_categories.asp .  We will be
using these same categories.
We have made a couple of changes for this year's science fair.  We have
scheduled the fair this year on the two days when the students have more
time available for being interviewed by judges.  Also, all our projects will
be assigned a number with the category abbreviation, which will make it much
easier for judges to locate projects.

I very much look forward to hearing from you and if you are aware of anyone
else who would be interested in volunteering as a judge at our fair, please
forward this email to them.  If you have any questions, please call or email
me.

All my best,
Nancy Glissmann
Peak to Peak Secondary Science Fair