[Grad-postdoc-assn] request for (quick) feedback: Thompson lecture science roundtable

Thomas Hopson hopson at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:17:34 MDT 2007

Hello All,

As part of the Thompson lecture visit, in  years past there have been two
roundtables with the Thompson lecturer that all postdocs/grad-students are
typically part of: one on career issues and one on science topics.
However, one of the conclusions from last fall's Thompson lecture
discussion-social was that the science roundtable format could be improved
(in some fashion).

The Thompson lecture committee is trying to organize the schedule of
Michael Ghil's upcoming end-of-May visit, so we would like to get a sense
from the NCAR postdoc/grad-student community:

1) should we still allocate 1hr to 1.5hr slot for the science roundtable?
If so, would you be attending?

or

2) should we leave this time open for individual discussions with Michael
Ghil?

or

3) another idea?

thanks for your feedback!