[Grad-postdoc-assn] need location for Thompson lecture pot luck 2/21/06

Karen Shell kshell at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 14 10:45:53 MST 2006

Hi all,

We are still looking for a volunteer to host the Thompson Lecture
pot-luck dinner on Tuesday, Feb. 21 in the evening (starting around 6
or so).  Generally, about 10-15 people come, and they bring their own
food, so you don't need to cook anything.  We'll also help clean up
afterwards.  We'd really like to have this in someone's home; it gives
it a nice casual atmosphere.  Ideally, the location would be somewhere
between the Mesa Lab and the Foothills lab, and pet-free, since some
people are allergic.  Please email me (kshell at ucar.edu) if you'd like
to host this.

Also, a few more reminders.  Please email Kristen Corbosiero
(corbosie at ucar.edu) if you would like to schedule an individual
meeting.  Some of the individual meetings will be on Wednesday, so
that Julia doesn't get overwhelmed with stuff on Tuesday.  A final
schedule will be sent out later this week.  All events are open to all
grad students and postdocs at NCAR.  You don't have to be part of ASP
to participate.  This is a great opportunity for us to interact with a
distinguished atmospheric scientist.  Hope to see you all next week.

-Karen